NEXT ART WALK: August 28th 5:00p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Public Art Installation: Ribbon cutting ceremony – L/A Rattle by Charlie Hewitt – 5:30 p.m. (163 Lisbon Street)
Live Music: New England Jazz Band – 6:00 p.m. Dufresne Plaza
ART VENUES: August 2015
– She Doesn’t Like Guthrie’s (115 Middle St.)
–Heritage Collectibles (189 Main St.)
– Grant’s Gallery (46 Lisbon St.) – Lyceum Gallery (49 Lisbon St.)
– Poliquin Hearing & Optical Window Exhibit (50 Lisbon St.)
– Argo Marketing (64 Lisbon St.) – The Vault (84 Lisbon St.)
– The Cupcakery (97 Lisbon St.)
– Lamey Wellehan Gallery (110 Lisbon St.)
– Lamey Window Exhibit (113 Lisbon St.)
– Chill Yoga (2nd Floor-178 Lisbon St.)
– Forage Market (180 Lisbon St.)
– Avant-Garde Maine (182 Lisbon St)
– Hardy Wolf & Downing (186 Lisbon St.)
– Kimball Street Studio (191 Lisbon St.)
– Dube’s Flowers Window Exhibit (195 Lisbon St.)
– Lewiston Public Library (200 Lisbon St.)
L/A Arts (****415 Lisbon Street, 3rd Floor – New Temporary Location***.)
– Paul’s Clothing & Shoe Store Gallery (281 Lisbon St)
– The Studio (291 Lisbon St.) – Current Media (12 Ash St.)
-Blush Beauty Boutique Hair Salon (140 Canal St.)
– Wicked Illustrations (140 Canal St.) – Museum L-A (35 Canal St.)
–Grace Street Services (550 Lisbon St.)
Participating August Auburn Businesses:
– Maine Gourmet Chocolates (170 Main Street)
– Top It Frozen Yogurt (168 Main Street)
– Kait Lavin Photography (154 Court Street)
– Cafe L A (49 Spring Street)
– Designs by Skip – Window Display (140-144 Main Street)
– Auburn Public Library (49 Spring Street)
Featured Musical Guest For August Art Walk
NEW ENGLAND JAZZ BAND – 6 P.M. – Dufresne Plaza
The New England Jazz Band was established to promote and preserve America’s most memorable music. Through both original and contemporary arrangements of these standard melodies and songs, our performances seek to entertain and inform our audience of America’s rich musical heritage.
PAINT PARTY – DUFRESNE PLAZA, 5-6:15 P.M.
REGISTRATION – CLICK HERE! – Limited slots available
Quiltessentials: Argo Gallery, Lisbon Street (64 Lisbon Street)
Quiltessentials of Auburn is pleased to partner with L/A Arts to display the work of nearly 2 dozen quilters, almost all of whom are from the L/A area. This quilt exhibit represents a wide variety of quilt styles and methods. There will be quilts completely constructed by hand, as well as quilts that are done by machine. Traditional quilts, art quilts, modern quilts, landscape quilts, memory quilts and collage quilts will all be on display. Pattern, color, and purpose are all integral part of the quilt making process, and this display will inspire the imagination of what is possible with fabric, needle and thread. Over 50 examples of quilts from quilt artists and quilt hobbyists can be viewed as part of this eclectic quilt exhibit.
Ellie Fellers (bold geometric square)
BE PART OF THE ART WALK MOVEMENT TO CELEBRATE THE ARTS IN L/A!
– Grant’s Gallery (46 Lisbon St.)
We cannot successfully run this event without you, our supportive public!
L/A Arts is seeking Art Walk volunteers to assist with the event by hosting galleries, setting and cleaning up, and helping to curate spaces. If you are interested please call L/A Arts (207-782-7228) or email us at: email@example.com
Find us on Facebook or visit our websites: